Thursday, September 4, 2008

Opening the Academy Doors....

Well, I've decided that we always have a ton of school stuff going on and while that is part of our lives as well, I want to try and separate things a little so I can post tons of school stuff some place and if people aren't interested in school happenings, they don't have to read them. So with that being said....


Welcome to the Grand Opening of The Davis Academy 4 Boyz!

While I have joked for years that that's the institution I'm running, the reality has been for the past 3½yrs that my kids have been enrolled with CAVA, an online virtual academy charter school. As far as I'm concerned I have homeschooled them since I've been their teacher but I know that not all share that view. However this year is different. We have officially crossed over with Christopher into the full realms of homeschooling. I've researched some curriculum, we have come up with our course of study, and we are beholden to none. Matthew and Jonathan are still with CAVA for a variety of reasons but we are starting to make the break.

So I welcome you to join the full craziness of our first year of homeschooling our way. It will be an interesting journey but one that I'm sure will be filled with both exaulation and frustration, rapture and despair, high-fives and the feeling that banging my head on a wall would be more productive. But it should prove to be interesting if nothing else.

On to the journey....

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

High Fives! Good Luck! and all that stuff.
You'll need it. But I do mean that in a positive way.
Love
Mom