Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Mad Scientists

I had a pair of them today. Matthew did his lessons on atmospheric conditions but that is not what lies closest to his heart. He decided to go make muffins so he could at least make a mess (tho we were all praying for no booms). He mixed everything up and then started filling the cups and that's when I heard the cry of "Moooooom...I need help". I sent Christopher in since I was working with Jonathan and a few minutes later Christopher comes out with the bowl which still had about a muffin left in it asking me if that was good enough. I showed them both how to scrap the sides better and then saw that Matthew had literally filled one of the cups almost to overflowing, just to see what would happen. LOL We filled the rest like normal people and when they were done, Matthew got to see how his had overflowed and tried to escape it's fate. It couldn't tho and it was devoured easily by my little scientist.

Jonathan decided to do some saner experiments pertaining to our lessons on the scientific method and mass. We learned that a bouncy ball bounces higher (tho only slightly) than a model magic ball he makes himself and that the candle he made weighed more than the muffin, the JubJub, his pencil, Nico's car, or Matthew's toy dinosaur.

All in all, a good day for science.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Yeah for Mad Scientists. May they have many interesting experiments.
Love
Mom