Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Not much of a 2nd day

Tuesdays are going to be one of those days were very little book learning happens.  By the time we get up to speed on all the activities, J&N will be in activities from 8:45a-3p straight.  Makes it kind of hard.  We aren't there yet but had other stuff fill in for it today.

So school looked something like this:

  • Get J&N ready for swim, wake other kids up
  • Leave Matt to do history reading before he went to housesit and Chris to work on accounting while I take J&N to swim
  • Finish up with swim, go to grocery store and realize I don't have the coupons I need. Run other misc errands instead
  • Drop J off at speech and take N to library to renew library cards and put a hold on some books for N's Five in a Row
  • Come home to get lunch and help C find accounting error. J did some typing practice and reading.
  • Drop C at dentist and take J&N to do grocery shopping. Taught them about economics (ie. You get this cereal because it's on sale and with coupons it's only $.99 whereas that cereal you are asking for is not on sale and I don't have coupons so it's $4.59 which I'm not paying).
  • Teach kids about time management when I have C walk to the grocery store from dentist as that saves me having to drive to library to pick him up there when we have other places to go from grocery store.
After that, it was gaming over at a friend's house which consisted mostly of me learning I read the last campaign wrong and gave them way too many big creatures to go up against which is why 2 of them died.  *shrug*  They came back to life and now they are dealing with the consequences of my actions.  That's what we call a valuable life lesson.


No comments: