Monday, August 15, 2011

2011-12 First Day of School

First day of the new school and we got off to a pretty rockin' start.  I had a doctor's appointment at 11a so I did what I could with Nicholas before leaving so he just had some workbook stuff to do while I was gone which Mark was on hand to supervise.  We started the morning with Five in a Row at his request (Clown of God this week) and then Hooked on Phonics while playing Mille Bourne.  What a way to combine Math and Reading!  As you can see, he's working hard and super proud of himself!
 Jonathan got all of his school work done nice and early as well except for spelling which I did with him when I got home.  He's almost done with his 5th grade Math and took great delight in telling me this when he got home.

 Matthew stayed in his room much of the day but claims to have gotten everything done.  I still need to grade his grammar test and catch-up to him on his history reading so we can discuss that.  Just need to find more hours in my day to do that.

 School doesn't technically start for Christopher until Wednesday when he goes back to CSM but he has yet to complete the Accounting course he took from me last school year despite my constant hounding so he's paying for that now.  Don't mess with the mama boy!



And here is what happens when you sneak into the teens' room to try and take pictures of them working...  Funny faces and books being thrown at you.



No comments: